How to scan a QR Code with your Blackberry
We are often asked..."What the best QR Code reader is for Blackberry?"
We have done plenty of testing and our results prove that the internal reader that comes with Blackberry Messenger 5.0 is by far the best QR Code Reader. It's unfortunate that BB does not separate the QR Code reader from the BBM 5.0, give it an icon and put it on the home screen so that it is easier to access and therefore easier to scan - maybe this will happen in the near future.
The next question we get is "How do I scan a QR Code with the BBM 5.0 Reader?"
Here's how you do it:
1. Open up BB Messenger 5.0
2. Open the menu and find the option "Scan a Group Barcode"
3. A notice screen will pop-up - check the option to not show you this message again
4. Your camera will activate
5. Center the code in your viewer - not too close
6. Whatever content is embedded in the code will appear and you can click "yes" when it asks you to proceed. Most qr codes contain links to websites.
That's it! You can test by scanning the Clikbrix QR Code on our homepage.
I hope this helps and please let us know how you make out.